Benefits of laser welding
- Time of issue:2020-11-27
Benefits of laser welding
Benefits of laser welding
Today, the application of laser welding is becoming more and more widespread. More and more people are recognizing the benefits of laser welding and are beginning to implement and use this technology. Compared to other welding methods, laser welding has its own advantages. Next, I would like to introduce the advantages of laser welding.
Laser welding is one of the important aspects in the application of laser material processing technology. In the 1970s, it was mainly used for welding thin-walled materials and low-speed welding, but the welding process is a heat conduction type, which heats the surface of the work with laser radiation and diffuses the heat of the surface inside by heat conduction. .. By controlling the width, energy, peak power, and repetition frequency of the laser pulse, other parameters cause the workpiece to melt to form a specific melting pool. Due to its unique advantages, it is successfully applied to precision welding of fine and small parts.
Depending on the control method, it can be divided into manual laser welders, automatic laser welders, and galvanometer laser welders.
According to laser, it can be divided into YAG laser welder, semiconductor laser welder, and fiber laser welder.
Laser welding is to irradiate two parts of a material with a laser beam with high energy density, partially heat and melt it, and then cool and solidify it to form the whole. Compared to traditional welding processes, laser welding has the following advantages:
1. Non-contact treatment, no external force on welded parts.
2. Laser energy is very concentrated, the influence of heat is small, and thermal deformation is small.
3. It can weld metals that have a high melting point, fire resistance, and are difficult to weld, such as titanium alloys and aluminum alloys. Welding between several dissimilar materials can be achieved.
4. Welding process does not pollute the environment. It can be welded directly in the air and the process is simple.
5. Small welding spots, narrow welding seams, clean and beautiful, no need to deal with after welding or only simple processing steps. Weld seams have a uniform structure with few pores and defects, which can be optimized by reducing impurities in the base metal. The mechanical strength of weld seams is often higher than that of the base metal. The mechanical properties, corrosion resistance, and electromagnetic properties of laser welding are superior to conventional welding methods.
6. The laser can be controlled accurately, the focusing spot is small, and it can be positioned with high accuracy, so precise machining is possible.
7. Easy cooperation with computer numerical control systems, manipulators, and robots, realizes automatic welding, and improves production efficiency.
Laser welding has many advantages over conventional conventional welding. First, as long as the host has been pre-populated with the route of action, the weld is completely automatic, simple and practical.
Secondly, the welded area of laser welding is very small, the color is the same as the unwelded area, and the aesthetics are incomparable compared to normal welding, which is a black circle.
The other laser welder is an environmentally friendly machine, which is extremely harmful to the body when general welding, strong light, toxic gas, etc. are generated, and causes great harm to the welder. However, laser welding has no odor or strong light. In general, laser welders are superior to other welding methods, given acceptable cost.
In this fast-paced society, the advantage is how fast and easy the savings are, which is exactly the advantage of laser welders over other welders.
Principles, characteristics and applications of YAG laser
YAG Laser Principle:
A solid-state laser cutting machine expands, reflects, and focuses a pulsed laser beam with a wavelength of 1064 nm, radiates and heats the surface of the material, and the heat on the surface is diffused inside by heat conduction. The width, energy, peak power, and repetition frequency of the laser pulse are precisely controlled digitally. Other parameters allow the material to melt, vaporize, and evaporate instantly, allowing you to cut, weld, and drill a given track through a numerical control system.
Function of YAG laser:
1. High processing speed, high efficiency, excellent economic advantages.
2. There is a small slit on the straight side, the cut surface is smooth, and a large aspect ratio and aspect ratio can be obtained.
3. The thermal deformation is very small and can be processed into various materials such as hard, brittle and soft.
4, no tool wear, no replacement problems, no mechanical changes.
5. Easy to automate and can be processed under special conditions.
YAG Laser Application:
Suitable for laser cutting, welding and drilling of metal materials such as carbon steel, stainless steel, alloy steel, aluminum and alloy, copper and alloy, titanium and alloy, nickel-molybdenum alloy. Widely used in aviation, aerospace, weapons, ships, petrochemicals, medicine, instrumentation, microelectronics, automotive and other industries.
Not only improves processing quality, but also improves work efficiency. In addition, YAG lasers can also provide accurate and fast research methods for scientific research.